Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, August 28, 2014

A nice decorative green lamp and an older oil lamp base turned into a solar light fixture


This is the decorative green lamp I will be using for this project.  The first thing I need to do is take out all the electric.  Also on the left of the lamp you will see an older candle holder that I will also be using.




I will also be using these two pieces for this project.  The glass piece on the right side is the  bottom of an older oil lamp, I bought this at a garage sale the owner didn't have the top piece it had gotten broken.  But I have a different use for it.  On the left is a piece off another lamp.


As you can see in this picture I drilled a hole in the center of the older candle holder so the metal bar will go through it.




This is what it looked like after I put the bar through it and added a bolt to hold it together.



The bar runs through the center of the lamp and into the older candle holder.



Unless you haven't noticed yet I spray painted some of the pieces black so they would look better with the lamp.  I then added the glass bottom from the old oil lamp in the middle of the candle holder and also added the other lamp piece on top.  The very top has a solar light top installed.  I also put solar lights in each of the areas where the candles would have been put on the candle holder.



This is what it looks like now.  You can turn any lamp into a solar light.  This lamp would work good for when the lights go out in the winter or springtime.  You don't have to worry about candles either.


No comments:

Post a Comment