Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, August 29, 2014

Elephant vase and light fixtures turned into a beautiful solar light.


In this picture you will see three pieces I put together.  First on the bottom is a base off another lamp, the white vase in the middle has elephant heads on both sides, on the top is a globe off a light.  I put all these pieces together with a threaded metal bar.  I drilled a hole in the bottom of the elephant vase so it could be secured to the whole thing.


I will also be using this decorative glass piece.  I bought this from a garage sale, as you can see it was really dirty.  The first thing I needed to do was clean it up!



This is a piece off another lamp which I will be using.




The decorative gold piece was off another lamp.



As you can see in this picture I cleaned up the glass vase and added some decorative glass chips inside it and white fake flowers.  I then installed the decorative gold piece on top (which was glued with E6000) I then installed the other piece on top from another lamp.  I spray painted some of the pieces gold which you will notice.


Here is the bottom piece on the left and the top piece on the right .  I will be putting both of these pieces together as you will see in the final picture.  I also added some black on the elephants heads to bring them out better.  I also added some red beads for decoration.



Here is the finished project.  There is a solar light installed on the top, the inside of the glass vase lights up at night.  I also put some marbles in the white bowl looking item just for show.


No comments:

Post a Comment