Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, July 19, 2013

A Unique solar light Dollhouse Remake, Beautiful, This is the ONE!! You can put a solar light in your dollhouse!!!!



This is a dollhouse I purchased from a garage sale really Cheap!!  When I get finished with this project your not going to believe your eyes.  What you can do to make it look beautiful cheap!!  The first thing I did was put down a hardwood floor on the porch.  This floor was made using the wood stirrers you use for coffee.   You can buy them in the craft store.  I didn't care for the black shutters next to the front top windows you will see what I did in the photos to follow.






Here is what the side of this house looked like and the roof area.





As I told you once before in my other dollhouse blog you can make roof shingles out of cardboard.  That is what I did.





Here is a close up of what the floor looked like before I painted it brown.





Here is another view of the front porch.




These are the shutters I made for this dollhouse before I painted them and added some detail to them which you will see in the photos.  They are also made of the coffee stirrers which are made of wood.




As you can see I painted the house a nice green color and also added shutters to the front windows.  On the shutters I added hearts in the centers which were made of wood.  I painted the front steps a red color and put lines so they would look like they were made of brick.  I also painted the column base under the posts red and put in lines to look like they were also made of brick.




this is what the side of this home looked like at this point.  I painted it.




This is the other side of this home which I also painted the nice green color.




Here is a closer look at the fake red bricks I painted to make this home look older.  If you look on the front steps I made railings made of popsicle sticks and dowels, I added two small beads to the tops.  As you can also see there are no curtains in the windows yet, but there will be!!




This is a close up of the front steps and railings that I made.




This is a close up of the steps that I painted to look like red bricks.




this is another view of the front steps.




This is another view of the front porch area.



This is what the finished outside of this home looks like now.  Let me take you through what I did.  On the top peak area of the roof I bought one piece of decorative wood trim from Home Depot and cut the pieces apart to make more pieces which I made the peak and under the attic window.  Down the sides of the roof were plastic pieces that all fit together with slots in them.  I took these plastic pieces and put them down the sides to make a design with them and painted them red.  In the middle of the front top windows I put on beads which were on a string and a little bow.  You can see the front windows on this home are lit up, this is SOLAR LIGHTS I knew I would find a way to add them to a dollhouse.  You will see them in the photos below.  I put fake grass under this dollhouse.  The rest of the figurines you will see in close ups.





This is a close up of the top front of this home, I also installed the cardboard roof shingles. Look in the windows there are now curtains.  I cut up some curtains that were lacey and hot glued them to a popsicle stick which was then hot glued to the wood trim I installed around the inside of the windows.  The wood trim around the window is popsicle sticks.




I added a dog figurine on the front and a little squirrel to the right.  There are some trees on the front which I got some fake flowers from the craft store and cut off some of the branches and hot glued them to the fake grass.  Then I hot glued some rocks around them to help them stand better.




If you look hard in this picture you will see an umbrella which I hot glued to the side of the wall by the front door.  I also put one of the round decorative mirrors that I love to use on the front wall by the door on the right side.  I also added a trophy which I turn into vases.  If you check out my other dollhouse on my blog you will see one of the trophies that I show you what I did with it.  I also added a mail box next to the front steps.  This mail box was a ornament for a tree I just repainted over the snow on top and painted the packages a brown color.  This way it doesn't look like it is from the winter season.



This is a fence I built on the side of this home.  I made this fence out of clothes pins and circle pieces under them.  I also added some popsicle sticks.  Then I added some fake flowers in front of the fence.  You can also see a birdhouse I put on the side of this home.  This was also a tree ornament.



This is another view of the front porch.  If you look to the left of the dog on the porch you will see raggedy Andy sitting in a rocking chair.  On the front of the wall by the front door I added a piece of decorative wood and painted in some detail.




this is the side of this home.  If you look at the foundation area of this home I added some rocks to make it look like an older foundation.




this is what one of the bedrooms on the top floor looks like.  If you look I used wrapping paper to wallpaper the walls.  The wallpaper has roses on it.  I wall paper with tacky glue which I add some water to it to make it a little thinner and use it like wallpaper paste.  I hung up a mirror on the right side wall of the bedroom.  In the front window you can see the solar light which lights up this room at night.  You can also see the curtain in the front window.  I put a little figurine of a bear looking in a mirror in the room on the left side.  The solar light I took the top piece which I had from one of my other projects and turned it upside down.  I then added one of the cheap 97 Cent solar light on the top of the other one.  I then put some lace material around it to make it look nice and some jewels.



This is the other bedroom which I also added some wrapping paper for wall paper.  I also hung some things on the wall.  I also have a fireplace I made on the right side wall I will show you in the next photo.



this is the fireplace I made.  First I found a square metal thing I'm not sure what it was neither did the man I purchased it from, the price was right so I bought it.  It had broken glass in it which I had to take out.  I then added a decorative piece of wood to the top of it and for the rest I just added some popsicle sticks around the plain metal square.  I also went on the internet and found a picture of the inside of a fireplace and hot glued it in the middle. 



this is the parlour area.  I have two solar lights in the front window.  You can also see the curtains in the front windows and I hung up a picture on the wall.  I also glued wrapping paper to the walls in this room to.  On the floor is a hankerchief which looks great as a rug.



this house had no railings so I made some out of popsicle sticks.  On the bottom floor area I took a dowel and added a bead to the top.  You can see the wrapping paper on the walls and the curtain in the window.  I also used the wood stirrers for base trim on the bottom the walls and to trim out the windows.




this is another railing I made out of popsicle sticks, dowels and beads.



this is a close up of the curtains I have in this home, if you look close enough you will see the popsicle stick it is on.



This is the front door on the inside.  I put a small hat on the door and also put a mirror on the wall.



I also put a mirror on the wall where the steps go down from the upstairs of this home.  I almost forgot the rugs for this home I made of felt.  I went to the store and picked out colors that matched with the wrapping paper and hot glued them down.



this is the attic area.  If you look down you can see the bedroom areas.  The rug colors are red in one and blue in the other.



This is what the cardboard roof looks like that I also painted with the brown paint.



this is the other side of the roof.



This is a close up of the mailbox.



This is a close up of the decorative round mirror, vase (which is made from a trophy) and the umbrella.




this is raggedy Andy just hanging out on the front porch in his rocking chair.  There is also another trophy next to him with fake flowers in it.


This is a close up of one of the figurines I put on the front lawn area, I also randomly put in rocks around the lawn to make it look real.



this is a close up of one of the flower trees I made out of cutting off one of the fake flower pieces I had.



this is a close up of the fence. 



I wanted to show you what the inside looked like before I got started.



This is a close up of one of the front windows.  You can see it is lit up with the solar light.



This is a close up of the top front of this home.






This is a close up of the back of the fireplace.



this is the wrapping paper I used for one of the bedrooms.




This is one of the wrapping papers I used for wallpaper in one of the bedrooms.




This is the wrapping paper I used for the parlour area.




this is a close up of the wood piece I bought from home depot that I cut apart and used it differently.



Here is the solar light fixture I put together for the lights in this home.  You just have to make sure that you put these lights in sunlight during the day to recharge them.  At night you can put them in the dollhouse so it looks like someone is home.  It looks GREAT!!



This is the front of the fireplace that I put together.



I couldn't forget a clothes closet I added a dowel and some popsicle sticks.



This is a close up of the hankerchief I used for a rug in the parlour.



this is a close up of two of the plastic pieces that I painted red and you can see the slots that they were from something else.  What they were from I don't know, I got them just like this.  I loved refurbishing this dollhouse.  I hope you got some ideas.  Having the solar lights on the inside of this dollhouse makes it feel like a real home at night.  Any child would love having a lit up dollhouse in their room.


No comments:

Post a Comment