Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, July 29, 2013

Captain Hook looking over some sleeping animals, rabbit, bear, mouse

 
 
This is the lamp I will be using for this project.  It's not much to look at right now, but it will be!  The first thing I do is take out all the electrical parts.
 
 
 


If you have been following my blogs I've used one of these before.  This is an older light fixture, you can see where the light bulb use to go in it.  I will be using this piece minus all the electrical items.




After I took out the part that held the light bulb and the electrical items I then painted it this nice blue color.




I'm using these fake diamonds for around this fixture to give it a design.




this was a piece that was on top of a lamp and held up the item that held a shade.  I flattened it out with a hammer so I could use it for this project.





I will also be using this base of a lamp.  You can see a rabbit, bear and mouse all sleeping comfortably.   On the floor is their shoes and stuffed animal.  They also have their toys on the floor (baseball bat, books etc.)




This is looking down into the lamp, you can see the hole where the bar used to come out of.





I cut a piece of the stuffing you use for fake flowers to clog up the hole.  I glued it in the hole.




This is what it looked like after I glued it in.



I needed a solar light for over the bed area.  However, the solar light clear plastic part was to long so I cut it down with a little hand held saw you would use to cut PVC piping material with.  You can see where I cut it.  I will be putting this into the area where I have the circle on top of the lamp base over top of the bed.  I use some hot glue and push it down into the stuffing material.



I know I jumped ahead very far, when I get started making my projects I really get in to them fast!  I'll explain what I did.  On the bottom you can see the first lamp I showed you, however I painted it the nice blue color and added a little red detail.  I then put some plastic snow flakes around it and some small beads in some areas.  I also put on some plastic leaves.  Then I added some decorative string design on the very top of the lamp.  Next the threaded bar that came in the lamp I used just that bar.  Since the bar came all the way through to the top I first put on the gold cage you see and to hold the cage down I put the bar that I pounded down with the hammer next to hold it in place.  After that I put the light fixture which I painted blue and bolted down the whole thing.  I then hot glued on the lamp with the animals sleeping.  On the outer parts of the gold cage I added fake diamonds that dangle and also to the very top I added a topper   (that is used for a candle)   which has fake prisms hanging from it.  To make sure the candle topper stayed in place I added a Captain Hook clip on light.  I got this light from Disney World a couple years ago.  Who wouldn't want Captain Hook watching over you when you sleep?



Here is a close up of Captain Hook and the candle topper on top.



this is a close up of the middle.  You can see the decorative string better on the top of the lamp.  Also you can see the leaves and snowflakes better.



This is a close up of the bottom.



This is a close up of the area of the light fixture I used that I painted blue and also the fake diamonds I glued on.



 
Here you can see the solar light I installed on top, the black piece on the top of the solar light is the area where the battery for the solar light is in.  I try to put the solar lights in areas where the battery can be changed if you need to in the future.  You can see everyone peacefully sleeping and they also have a night light above them.
 
 


This is what the gold cage looked like that I used.



this is a close up of the inside of the cage when I put it on top of the blue lamp.  You can see the threaded bar coming up the center.



This is a close up of what it looked like when I just added the other small lamp.



this is just another view of the inside of the gold cage area when I just put up the fake pieces of prisms.  I hope you got some more good ideas.  Remember sometimes you will get something from somewhere that you can use to decorate something.  The clip I got of Captain Hook sure came in handy.  This clip lights up, I never pulled out the white strip I'll leave that for someone else.  



No comments:

Post a Comment