Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

House makeover Bathroom items for the dollhouse

 
 
I'm going to make a toilet, bath tub and sink for the bathroom.  this is the bottom portion of a cheap little cardboard oval shaped small box I purchased in the craft shop.
 
 

this is a piece of dollhouse furniture I purchased at the dollar store.



the first thing I did was paint the little cardboard bottom of the little box white.




I hot glued it to the top of the little piece of furniture I bought from the dollar store.  this is my sink for my bathroom.



This is a boat I bought from A C Moore, as you can see it has wheels on the bottom.  I will be using these wheels and the bracket across the bottom for a stand up light which I will also show you for the dollhouse in one of my blogs about the house.  What I needed to do with this piece is cut off the boat section which is being used for one of the bedroom in the dollhouse.  I also cut off the wheels on the bottom and cut a hole out of the top to make a tub.



this is what the piece looked like after taking all the parts off that I needed off.



The toilet is made of different parts of wood.  the tank is a piece of thin wood that I cut to look like a tank.  The toilet base was a wooden doorknob looking type of wood which I got from A C Moore.  The toilet seat was made of a piece of balsa wood.  On the top of the tank there is a white piece of decorative trim, I will be using this trim throughout this home.




This is looking at the back of the toilet, I also added a small piece of wood for a handle.



As you can see this is in the bathroom of this home at this point.  The tub I painted red and added the four legs that I took off a cabinet.  You will see this cabinet in one of my blogs when I make a bookcase out of it.  The toilet I painted white and put some felt on the seat.



This is what the sink turned out to look like.  I painted the sink red and gave the cabinet some red detailing.  I put a bench in front of the sink which I got from a garage sale.  I put vinyl type material on the floor of this bathroom and a small round piece of rubber type material to look like a rug.


 
 
I just didn't like the fact that the sink didn't have towels holders so I made some out of square pieces of balsa wood and a dowel cut to size.  This is what it looks like.

 

I needed to add some color to the toilet so this is the color detailing I added, I also added some decorative pieces on the tank.




This is what the claw foot tub looked like after I added some Color!



This is what the side of the bathroom sink looks like.  I put a piece of towel hanging on the hangers on both sides.




This is what the sink looks like for this home.



No comments:

Post a Comment