Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Disney's Nemo character used in my new project, making a new decorative statue holder out of many different pieces.

 
 
For this project I am using pieces from a lot of different light fixtures, lamps etc.  In this picture you can see a threaded bar which came from a lamp.  The base bottom is from a bottom of a large standing lamp.  I'm painting most of the pieces a beautiful blue color.
 
 

 
In this picture you can see some pieces from other lamps etc.  the flower shape tops came from an older beveled lamp which is a lamp that attaches to an outside of a home.  I've used this type in my other projects.  I'm hoping to find some more of these fixtures.   The bars off to the bottom right are pieces off the light fixture that hold the beveled glass into place.  There is also another piece on the top area that came from a table lamp.  The rest of this lamp I used for another project.




Everyone should know who this is, this is Nemo.  I will be adding Nemo to the inside of the beveled lamp fixture as you will see.




This is looking down into the beveled glass fixture, before the glass was added back in.  I hot glued some glass marble type pieces and some moss to make it look more decorative for Nemo.




This is what it looked like after I put the glass back into the fixture and put Nemo inside of it.  I also added the little cherubs which cam from another lamp.  I painted the cherubs gold.



 
In this picture you can see the area located under the cherubs.  I added two marble pieces one on the top area and one towards the bottom area which were from other lamps.  You can see the other piece I painted blue that was from another lamp.  On the bottom is the base from the standing lamp.  I also added some gold detailing in different places and also some decorative marble circles around the area under the cherubs.




As you can see in this picture Nemo looks very happy in his new fish tank.  I also added a solar light top so this would light up at night.  Any solar light needs the rays from the sun in order to be able to light at night.  This would be great in a child's room or anyone that likes Nemo.  I hope this showed you how you can turn an old light fixture into a decorative fish tank for Nemo or any other under the sea project you may think of.  



No comments:

Post a Comment