Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A minature church makeover I'm doing this in two phases

 
 
 
I'm doing a makeover of a miniature church for someone.  I'm going to show you what it looked like when I received it and tell you what I did with it.  In this photo you can see a piece of curtain which was stapled to the inside front of the church and also a piece of paper with a religious picture on it.  This is what was on it when I received it.
 
 
 


This is a view on the inside front.





This is the steeple which was not attached.



I had to take the sides off the steps they both had wood rot.




This is after I replaced both the sides.



This is another view of the steps.




This was the back of the church which as you can see also had wood rot.



After I cleaned out the whole church I put a new piece of plywood down and took the plastic off the windows.



I'm sure everyone knows what this is.  This is a mat.  You will see what I did with this.





This is what I bought which was two mats in a package from Home Depot.  It was cheaper to buy the two mats instead of purchasing the fake grass which came in a large roll by the carpeting department.  Keep reading you will see what I did with the mats.





I spray painted the church and the steeple with white paint so I had a fresh surface to start with.  You can see the back of the church I also replaced the wood rotted wood with brand new wood.



This is the church.  I spray painted the floor a brown color.





I had this decorative wood  which I had from Home Depot.  I cut it into pieces to fit all the windows and spray painted them black.

You know the window film you put over your windows to give it a nice look.  Well I bought a roll and cut it up to fit under the decorative wood pieces and attached it to the church.  I also put trim work around it.



This is what the inside of the church looked like when I got it.



This is another photo of what the church looked like.



This is another view of what the church looked like, you can see the plastic in the windows which had lines drawn on it with a marker.



This is a view of the front of the church.



This is another view which you can see the seats.  These seats had deep purple material on them, which I am taking off.


This is what the front window over the front door of the church looked like.



Another view of the windows.



 

This is the front of the church .




This is the package that the mats came in, now I'll show you what I did to make the fake grass.
 
 


First a piece of thick plywood was cut to fit under the church, then I took the mats and spray painted them green.  Yes, I spray painted them, I let them sit until they dried.



 

 


This is the window film I used for the stained glass windows.



This is another view of the window film.



You can see it's starting to shape up.  First of all I installed the new stained glass windows and put some wood trim around them.  The straight pieces I was able to use popsicle sticks.  However, the curved areas on top of the windows I had picked up from a garage sale one of those kits made from wood that you put a dinosaur together.  there were areas in the wood where you connected the pieces together.  You can see the grooves in them.



This is the front of this church which I put the window film in the window.  I took the doors off the front of this church so I could make them more detailed.



I didn't like how the outside of the church looked so what I did was put on wood siding, I used popsicle sticks.  Make sure you don't miss my blog tomorrow.  Your not going to believe the stained glass cabinet I made for the church which uses a solar light to light up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment