Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, July 5, 2013

Lamp parts turned into a decorative egg style solar light.

 
 
For this project I will be using some parts off this lamp, which is made of a glass material  The first thing I do with the lamp parts is take off all the electrical parts.
 
 
 


This is another lamp I will be using pieces off of.  This lamp reminds me of those decorative eggs some people make around the holidays.



This used to be part of a hanging type lamp which I will be using some parts off of.




In this photo you will see some decorative string made of a plastic type material.




In this photo I will try to explain the parts that were put together with a threaded bar.  Starting at the bottom.  The part on the bottom was from the first lamp I showed you, the glass lamp.   The second item coming up was a piece from the hanging lamp.  I then attached the egg shaped item from the other lamp I showed you in the above photo.  I them added the other decorative piece off the glass lamp.  On top of that I added the top portion off the hanging lamp fixture.  I put in some spacers and then a little screw down type decorative piece off an older stand up lamp to hold everything into place.  I topped it off with a globe from a light fixture, this is where the solar light will be put on top of.




This is the light globe I used.



 


This is the bottom part of this project.  I tried to show you a close up.  As you can see I also hot glued some of the plastic string type decorative piece around it.




This is what the finished project looks like.  The top part lights up at night.   this is what you can do with pieces from different lamps and turned it into a unique looking solar lamp for a front window in you home or for outdoor use.



No comments:

Post a Comment