Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, July 26, 2013

Making a bookcase out of a dollar store item for the dollhouse

 
 
This is an item I purchased from the dollar store, I'm going to be taking off the whole front.  But I'm not throwing the front panel away I will be using it to build a bed which you will see in a future blog for this dollhouse.
 
 


The legs on this item I will be taking off.



Here's what it looked like after I took off the front and painted it red.  I also added a shelf made of the soft wood.





Here is the front panel that I took off this item.


 



A bookcase needs books so I went on the internet and printed out covers of books.  I made them small size to fit into the book case.




this is what the bookcase looks like with the books inside.  



This is a close up of the bookcase.



This is the piece of soft wood I cut for making the books.



I took the book cover and glued it to the soft wood and then cut it down to size.  You can see in this photo one of the book covers.  I hope this gave you some ideas you can use.



No comments:

Post a Comment