Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, July 24, 2015

Railings for a dollhouse made from fork toothpicks




The first thing you need for these railings is this kind of wood you see in this picture.  You need this wood to make the top and bottom railing that the fork toothpicks go into.


These are the fork style toothpicks.  I bought them at a dollar store.  You need to cut them right above the fork spikes.  They both look like legs, which need to be cut off, I use wire cutters to cut them.





If you look at this picture I cut a top and bottom railing from the wood.  You can also see some dots I made on the wood showing where I want to place each spindle.  You can also see the toothpicks without the leg areas taken off.  First put glue in the railing and place toothpicks in the railing in the areas that are marked off for the spacing.  Let this dry first before doing the same thing with the bottom railing.



In this picture you can see two sets of railings without the bottoms installed.  Be patient and let the top dry first.



In this picture you can see the railings, I painted them white.  Also in this picture you can see four posts on the porch which hold up the roof.  The posts are made from wood from a wooden baby gate.  I also put some buttons on the top of the posts for decoration.  The buttons have ship anchors on them.  I also used different left over pieces from other dollhouses I worked on to make the red decorative pieces on the porch.  I will be making some shutters for the windows in my next blog, keep watching for it.







No comments:

Post a Comment