Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A water fountain I made for the front of a dollhouse


It's hard to see all the detail in this photo but I'll try to explain it.  First I took a wooden box and cut it in half.  The blue piece in the back was a piece from a plastic toy.  It use to be pink, but I painted it blue with spray paint.  I wanted a faucet head on the back wall which I made from a plastic golfing tee.  I cut the tee part way through and bent it down and added some hot glue to help hold the shape.  I then glued the flat part where the balls goes on to the back wall.  You can paint the faucet if you want.  I took the stem off a plastic cup and added a blue decorative marble to to top of the stem.  I then glued the stem down to the inside of the wooden box I cut in half.  I added blue decorative marbles to the inside of the box.  I spray painted the box a stone looking color.  The piece in front of the wooden box was the bottom piece I cut off the plastic toy. I also added a decorative piece to the front.  The next picture I will show these items that I used before the were altered for the water fountain.  I used hot glue and 
Let it drip from the golfing tee which is the spout down the front.  It looks like water coming out the faucet head.





These are the pieces how they started out.  The next picture is the stem from a cup I used.




This is the stem from a cup.





No comments:

Post a Comment