Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Making a water fountain for a doll house



In this picture you will see some of the items for making this water fountain.  On the left the pieces I put together starting from the bottom are, first the gold piece is the bottom of one of those battery operated candles you put in the window at christmas time, on top of that is a collapsible cup item (you can see the package it came out of on the right. On the inside of the fountain you will see what the piece is in the next photo.  On the very top is a plastic chess piece.  All these pieces I purchased at the dollar store.




This is the piece that I added into the fountain that I mentioned above.  I cut it from the large round area and used the top piece.


In this photo as you can see after gluing all the pieces together I spray painted it red.  I also took some blue sprinkles and mixed in some modge podge to it, I then let it drizzle down the fountain.  When the glue dries the only thing you will see is the blue sprinkles that look like water coming out of the fountain.  I also added a bird.




I then painted some areas with gold paint for some detail.  I hope this gives you some ideas.  In the next picture you will see what it looks like on the dollhouses garden roof.


The black fence around the top is made out of a ladder for a birds cage.  These plastic bird ladders I painted black and glued them to the top.  The pattern looking lights are tops from night lights which I glued to round dowels to look like lights on top of the roof.






No comments:

Post a Comment