Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Making a sink, toilet and a bathtub out of one suave shampoo bottle



In this picture you can see where I cut off the top to make the toilet.  I cut around the cap to design the toilet seat area.  Then I turned the piece sideways.




This is looking down onto the cap, you can see how I shaped the top.


This is what it looks like with the toilet seat up.




In this picture I spray painted the toilet gray.




This toilet needed a toilet bowl so here it is.  I took the ring out of this carton.  This is what the ring looks like in the carton.




This is the ring after I took it out.




I used just the bowl looking piece and cut off the ring. I glued it down to the toilet.



These are the next two items you need to make the toilet water. Tacky glue and food coloring dye.




You take some of the glue and add a little blue dye to it.  Mix it together.  When this dries it feels like a hard jello.





Next is the bathtub.  I cut the bottom off the shampoo bottle and gave it a little bit of a design look.



I then took a pipe cleaner and glued it around the top.


I spray painted it gray to match the toilet and added legs to the bottom, the legs are plastic chess pieces I bought at the dollar store. 





I also put in some of the tacky glue mixed with blue dye.  The drain is a snap you can get in any sewing area.  I bought snaps at the dollar store.




In this picture I cut out a piece from the bottle which was the middle.  I also cut a piece of foam board and put it inside the bottle and hot glued around the foam board on the inside.  I also added a piece of foam board on the bottom.  I then put in some of the tacky glue mixed with dye for water in the sink.



In this picture you can see looking down into the sink. Next picture you will see what it looks like with metal pieces for the drain.  You just place these pieces in the sink after the glue starts to harden a little so they don't sink down into the water.



In this picture you can see the two metal pieces I used for the drain.  I also cut a piece of foam board for the top sink counter.  I painted the foam board gray and added two size silver beads on top of each other to look like sink handles.  After painting the top i put on modge podge and used the paint brush to pick up black sprinkles and put them on top and sides of the counter.  after it dried i added some more modge podge.The faucet is a piece off a ladder for a birds cage I used the hook part that holds the ladder to the cage.  I painted it silver to match.




This is the back of the sink I made it look like water dripping off the back of the sink, I used the hot glue to make a drip of water.



Here's some other toilets and tub.



Here's the sink and toilet.  There are also feet on the sink cabinet made of chess pieces.  I also added some wood trim for doors and beads for handles. I added red tape around the bottom.  I hope this gives you some ideas what to use a shampoo bottle.
























No comments:

Post a Comment