Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Making a crib for a dollhouse


Today, I going to be making a crib for a dollhouse. First I made two railings out of cardboard from a play doh box. To make things easier I used a railing from a dollhouse as my template. Stencils and templates can be a lifesaver.
















 Then, I made two of the railings and cut four pieces of popsicle sticks to glue onto the tops and bottoms of the railings. When I cut these popsicle sticks, I used my Easy Cutter. It makes cutting things like popsicle sticks much easier. There is also an angle plate on the tool so you can cut angles into materials. 
 This is what they looked like with the popsicle sticks glued on. I had used tacky glue to get everything locked in place. 

 I then cut a headboard and footboard for the crib. As you can see here.

 Once I had all the pieces made and ready to be put together, I painted all the pieces off white and then pink on top.
 Subsequently I glued the pieces together after it had finally dried.
 I then cut two popsicle sticks for on the sides of the railings to hold up the mattress.
 I then made a mattress by cutting a piece of cardboard and gluing on a piece of pillow making material foam and then I covered it with a mattress cover material.
 I added some material to the bottom on both sides. I think it adds to the aesthetic. 

 Here I'm showing you the pictures I found on the internet.  I cut them out and mod podged them to the headboard and footboard.
 In this picture you can see the pictures that were glued on with mod podge and I also hand painted designs on the crib. You can also use stencils if you are so inclined. 

And another view. This baby is ready for night, night.




















Materials List:
  1. Mod Podge
  2. Easy Cutter
  3. Tacky Glue
  4. Acrylic Paint (Pink and White)
  5. Cardboard
  6. Scrap Wood
  7. Popsicle Sticks
  8. Decorative Material
  9. Hot Glue Gun
  10. Hot Glue Gun Sticks
  11. Mini Clamps (Optional)(Helps when assembling)




*As an Amazon Associate I earn on qualifying purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment