Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Making a one piece oven, dishwasher and sink area for a dollhouse

For this piece I started with a rectangle shape piece of wood. The sink was a piece I had lying around off of something, you could also use a plastic container that you get from McDonald’s that holds barbecue sauce.  The picture on the back is a piece of a placemat that had cork on the back of it.  I glued this piece to the back to make it decorative. I then decided where to put lines of thin pieces of wood for the stove, dishwasher, cabinets and the sink areas.  I also added a piece across the back area.  I also cut a square piece of wood for the stove top so I have something to put the burners on.
In this picture you can see the back of the decorative piece, and also I cut a piece of cardboard to cover the back of the wood before adding the cork backed piece.


You can see in this picture you can see where I decided to put the dividing lines.
In this picture in the square for the front of the oven I put in a piece of screen to make it look like the front of the oven. I also added a piece of silver colored cardboard in back of the screen and also in the front of the dishwasher. I painted different areas black at this point.
In this picture you can see a miniature clothes pin and a piece off a necklace.  I am going to be using one piece of the clothes pin for the faucet and two beads off the necklace for the water handles for the sink.
These are the pieces I am using.
In this picture I painted the sink copper I added the beads and the piece from the clothes pin which I painted copper. The oven burners are made from snaps that you use for clothes and they were also used for the cabinet handles..  you can see where I also painted different areas copper to divide the areas.  The countertops were made from free samples that you can get in the kitchen cabinet area in Home Depot, they have many styles of countertop samples.
In this picture you can see I used another one of the snaps for the drain.
Here is the sample piece, I used a piece off of it, it cuts with scissors.







No comments:

Post a Comment