Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Continued kitchen stove, dishwasher and sink for dollhouse



This is what I started with, it’s a piece from a trophy.  If you see trophies for free there are a lot of parts you could use to make things. I’m going to make a kitchen stove, dishwasher and sink for a dollhouse.


This is what this piece looks like from this angle.  Now to start adding the black foam board...


I added foam board to the sides, top and lastly the front.  You don’t need to add any to the underside or the back if you are going to glue it against a wall in a dollhouse.


Next I used these thin wooden stirrer type sticks.


This is where you decide where to place the stirrers to form the stove, dishwasher and sink area.  You can see where I glued down sticks to divide up the areas.


This is what the sides look like. I've found that by adding these stirrers, it gives it depth. Rather than just painting them. 



This is the studded belt that I used to make "tiles" on the countertop over top of the dishwasher. I glued them down with a hot glue gun and tacky glue.


Here’s what it looks like with the tiles glued down.


I cut this piece of black foam board which I bought from the dollar store for the sink. My post before this one shows you how to make the sink.



In this picture you can see the sink, dishwasher and the stove.  I downloaded pictures off the internet for these areas, I mod podged the pictures on so it looks like they are really there. In the area under the sink I added some pieces of a gutter guard and two wooden beads for the cabinet knobs.



Another view.


And another.


Make sure you check out the post about making the sink faucet, knobs and dish sprayer. Use your imagination and it can soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment