Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, January 21, 2019

Making a glass coffee table for dollhouse


In the craft stores they sell little wooden boxes, this used to be one.  I took the screws out of it and I am using the top piece for the table. Keep the screws in a little medicine bottle just in case you ever need them, the bottom of the box should be put away to use for another project.



You will need to cut a piece of wood the size of the bottom of the top piece.  If you don’t have wood use a thick piece of cardboard.



Now choose a piece of wide ribbon or material that you will be using to cover over the one side of the cardboard piece.


In this picture you will see that I glued this ribbon material over one side of the wood piece.


I chose this cameo for on this red ribbon which I glued down into place.  You can put whatever you want in it, small photos of the family, a small necklace made out of small beads the list goes on and on.  This will be one of those tables you can see items in.  You can even glue down small shells, use your imagination!


Next glue the top onto the red velvet piece that has items glued down to it.


I am showing the side of the box where the screws were removed, we will be taking care of that in a moment.


I took brown paint using my finger, painted the top and sides. When you do this it looks like you stained it.


In this picture you can see how I glue things I first put on some glue in different spots, then I used hot glue gun in the spots that the tacky glue is not.  This way the hot glue holds the piece while the glue is drying. In the picture to the right, you can see ribbon that I will be gluing on the bottom edge to hide the screw area.  I glue this all around the bottom as you will see in the next photo.


In this picture you will see the ribbon.


For the legs of this table I chose these pieces of wood I had laying around.  I cut the pieces down so I have flat bottoms using the item I have in the next photo.  I then paint them brown the same way I did the coffee table top.


This is the tool I always use,  easy!


I then glued the legs on after I cut them down.


This is what the top looks like right now before painting some gold detailing.



This picture you can see gold detailing which I use craft smart brand, the color is metallic Gold.


Another view of this table.  Make the inside of this table personalized to fit into a vacation scene, special day etc.  use your imagination and it will soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment