Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Making a horse shutter for a dollhouse




Today, I'm going to be showing you how to make horse shutters for a dollhouse. In this picture you can see the white piece of scrap wood I'll be using.  I’m going to tell you where you can get them.  The white piece of wood is from a white wooden window shutter.  I like using wooden shutters they make great pieces for dollhouses.  Once I cut them down to the length that I needed for the shutters I went online and printed out pictures from google images. Here you can see the horse head shadow. Then I applied mod podge to the photo on the shutter as you can see in the picture. Don't forget to let the mod podge dry before decorating!


 In this picture you can see how I took black paint and started painting some designs on the shutter.  In the next picture you can see I also added some dark red, gold and more black to the shutters.


 Here you can see the other painting on did on the shutters.  I also thought the horse needed some type of necklace. In the next picture you will see how they look when they are installed on a dollhouse.
You can add any picture to a shutter and make it different and one of a kind.  Use your imagination and it will soar!




















 Materials List:
  1. Scrap wood (Can use slats from old wooden shutters)
  2. Acrylic Paint (Black, Gold, Dark Red used in project)
  3. Printer and Paper (To print out photo for decoration)
  4. Gorilla Wood Glue(To mount shutters to dollhouse)




*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases










No comments:

Post a Comment