Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, January 7, 2019

Making "Brick Steps" for a dollhouse



Today, I'm going to show you how to make "Brick Steps" for a dollhouse. In this picture you can see the Jenga blocks that I glued together to make the steps. You can usually find the game at yard sales, flea markets, ect.. I used wood glue mixed with flour to glue the blocks together. It makes for a quick dry and turns rock hard.















This is Jenga, I’m sure you know the game. I had gotten this one at a garage sale before the winter months arrived (it was missing pieces).
This is the wood glue I used and mixed with flour. Gorilla Wood Glue is very good for projects like this. Given you add flour, it'll make drying times much quicker.
















 In this photo you can see the front of the steps. I had scribbled out some profanity that was on the jenga block I used.
 In this picture you can see one of the sides of the steps.  I cut pieces of wood to cover both sides of the steps and fit another piece between the steps and the trellis. Glued them on like you see in the picture.
 This is the other side of the steps.
 I then painted the steps with red acrylic paint mixed with crafting sand you see at craft shows that the kids put into plastic containers. This gives it a texture almost similar to brick when it dries.
 Here is the side of the steps after being painted.
 Here I draw lines with a pencil long ways to have lines for the bricks. I then take white paint and follow the lines and then paint the lines to make bricks as you can see in the photos. However, if you can't freehand; you can buy miniature brick stencils. They can be helpful getting just the right look without the hassle of freehanding it. 
 Another view.






















Here is the other side.

























Materials List:

  1. Jenga Blocks
  2. Gorilla Wood Glue
  3. Flour
  4. Red Acrylic Paint (Apple Barrel Recommended)
  5. Crafting Sand
  6. (Optional) Miniature Brick Stencil




* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment