Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A standing solar light, doll house size for the doll house

 
I needed some type of standing light for the dollhouse so this is the solar light I came up with.  First of all this is a toy, which you can see it use to light up but doesn't anymore.  the parts I needed off this item were the prism and the plastic globe on the inside.
 
 


This is what the finished light looks like, I put it in the front window of the dollhouse it looks nice at night.  I will show you how I made this below.




First of all this is the top of the solar light that I used for this project.



This is a picture of the light so you can see it better.  Now I will try to explain how I did this.  First of all you will see the red piece that I used to hold up the light on the bottom picture.  This piece was from my project that I did the bath tub.  If you watched this blog you will see this piece.  You will also see it on the bottom of this blog.  Next I added the light fixture piece which is gold that you can see, in the center of this light fixture there is a hole which I put the solar light into.  I had to enlarge the hole a little to fit the solar light.  I hung up the prism all around the lamp fixture.  During the day I put this outside and bring it in at night and put it in the front window of the doll house, it looks beautiful at night.


 
 
In this picture you can see the toy light and also a piece from a hanging light fixture.  If you notice there are holes all around the bottom of it.  this is the area that I will hang all the lights once I get them all off the plastic pink toy.
 

 


If you watched my blog on the bathroom fixtures you will know what this is.  This is one of the set  of wheels that were on the bottom of the boat I used for the bath tub.  I try to use all the pieces I get off things. This is what I used to hold the lamp up.   Keep watching.  I will be posting a bed I made, a crib.  I hope this gives you some ideas for your doll house.  



No comments:

Post a Comment