Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Making a scapular DIY great addition to a bible, or for religious class project

This is some of the supplies you will need for this project. On top is a paper with pictures of mother Mary on it that I downloaded off the Internet.  You can make any saint you want etc.  Just make sure you print them to the size you need.  You also need shoe laces.
This is another item you will need a sheet of felt that is stiff and has sticky paper you remove in the back of it.
The first thing I did was cut out the two pictures I was going to use, a picture of Mother Mary and the other says immaculate heart of Mary pray for us now and at the hour of our death.  Also I cut the shoe laces down to size that I needed them to be, make sure you cut 2 of them to the same size. I made mine 15 inches long.  I also cut 4 pieces of the hard felt material into 1 1/2 by 2 inches.  If they don't come out perfect in size don't worry it can be fixed.  One of the square pieces I turned it over so you can see the backing that you peel off for the sticky part.
You also need a photo album, which you will need for the plastic sheets.
I took the plastic sheets out so I could use just the plastic.  The paper backing I'm putting away for another project.
In this picture you can see I took the paper backing off two of the felt pieces and put the two pictures on them I'm using for this one.  Make sure the square is larger than the pictures, the picture should be centered in the middle of the squares.
Now I took the plastic from the photo album and put it right down on the sticky side that already has the pictures on them.  Now you need to cut around the felt so it looks neat.
In this picture you can see on top the two pictures that are have the plastic trimmed around them.  The bottom picture is one of the felt pieces that has no picture on it. as you can see I took the two shoelaces and put them down on the sticky part.
In this picture I took the one picture and placed it down on top of the other felt piece that had the shoelaces on it.
I did the same thing for the other side.  Just make sure the shoelaces are the same size and are not twisted but are flat.
This is some of them that I finished.  Best of all there is NO mess with glue making them.  Keep your eyes on my blog I will be making something that the soldiers in wwII use to carry around with them in their pockets.  I will be showing you one that I have from WWII and how to make one.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment