Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Make a minature lamp for a dollhouse with a toothpaste tube


I needed to make a lamp today for a dollhouse. I used a toothpaste cap and the area that the cap goes on. I first take the part that the cap screws on and cut it off, this will be the base of my lamp. The cap on top which is blue gets glued onto the base as you can see in the photos. You might want to spray paint the base before gluing them together. I like the brass look on this lamp. Next take a piece of material you will be making slits on the bottom edges so it fits nicely. the top area of the material I also make slits so I can fold the material to the inside of the cap, make sure you glue it down to the inside. I also used a juice container ring and the stopper to cover the top opening where the material was glued down into the top area. I spray painted the stopper gold the ring I left white. The ring I glued on the top to make it look decorative and also added beads to the top. You can use beads, lace anything to make it decorative.



Here is the toothpaste container




Here's the toothpaste I used it off of.





On top is the cap, the bottom is the part that the cap screws on to. I spray painted the bottom part before gluing them together.




This is the material with the slits on the bottom.




This is the bottom glued down and slits in the top area that gets glued to the inside of the cap.




In this picture you can see the little stopper that I painted gold and glued it down to hide the material that has been glued down to the inside.



Another view of the top area.



Here is a picture of the juice container piece I cut for the two pieces.






I also added beads to the top.



The finished lamp.  I hope this gives you some ideas.















No comments:

Post a Comment