Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, September 6, 2013

The third phase of the church I'm working on, stained glass looking windows and fake brick siding.

 
 
This is what the church looks like at this point.  First I painted the whole church a beautiful red color. Then I made it look like a brick church by drawing lines and painting them white.  The bottom of the steeple on top of the church I installed popsicle sticks to make it look like lap siding and painted it white.  The middle part of the steeple I painted red and made it also look like red bricks.  I also added shutters which were made of popsicle sticks and put a trim around them with popsicle sticks.  I painted the shutters white.  The top of the steeple I made cardboard shingles and installed them and painted the roof black.  The very top of the steeple I added a piece from a light fixture and also made a cross out of a dowel and painted it gold to match the light fixture piece.  I also added the fake stained glass (which is the window film from Home Depot)  This window film is amazing what it makes windows look like, like real stained glass.  
 
 
 


In this picture you can see the top of the roof which I need to install more cardboard shingles which I make out of the cardboard which holds water bottles in the store or the cardboard from the Gatorade package.  You will see the roof finished with the cardboard shingles when I post it.  You can also see another view of the fake bricks.




One thing I didn't mention I finally tried using my wood burning kit which I got from the craft store, for making the steeple have red bricks on top.  The wood burner worked out great it gives you depth of a real brick.  You can also see a close up of the top of the church.  I have some people asking me if I sell any of my items I always sell them so I can make more of them.  I love making things!  In the photo you can also see the bell in the steeple which is a pencil sharpener.




This is a close up of the front of the church, you can see the fake stained glass window.  I installed two foam circles (different sizes) around the window to give it depth and a frame.  I painted one of the circles gray and the other black.




I made a light for the inside of the church which I will post in the near future.  I made a light out of a top of a solar light and a wire from a lamp.  You can see how the church lights up.  I also put a bell in the tower which is a pencil sharpener it works GREAT!!



This is what it looks like right now with the light lit.



You can see how the fake stained glass windows light up.




You can see what the front window looks like lit up.  I installed the window film over top of a wooden decorative piece I bought from the craft store.  make sure you check out my blog on Monday I finally finished the church!!



No comments:

Post a Comment