Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Saturday, July 12, 2014

An old looking farm house dollhouse that I am restoring.



This is the dollhouse that I am restoring.  I purchased this dollhouse from a very nice woman, it was a gift to her when she was 10 years old.  I am now restoring this dollhouse for myself.  Follow me on my blog to see the transformation.  This is what it looked like when I bought it.





This is what the inside looked like.  It was missing wallpaper and flooring inside.  The only room that had wallpaper was the bathroom.  However, I went to a new store that just opened up in our area called Hobby Lobby and I found scrap booking paper that made beautiful wallpaper and cheaper too!  What I used as the wallpaper glue (Tacky glue mixed with some water which worked out great, if you use a paint brush you can put it right on the paper and hang it like real wallpaper)  Keep reading you will see what the paper looks like in the rooms.




This is what one of the sides of the dollhouse looked like.





This is the other side of the dollhouse.





After adding the wallpaper to the walls this is what it looked like.  I also put down some rugs in the doll house.  If you look at the kitchen floor I painted it white I'm going to be painting something on it, you will see it in a future blog as I do this house.




This is a closeup of one of the rooms.



This is another room.



In this picture you can see the hallway area on the second floor.




This is a close up of the hallway from the front door.  I love the way this paper looks.


This is the bathroom area, it already had wallpaper which I loved so it stayed!  It also had a fake tile floor which I loved so it also stayed!




This is the kitchen area, as you can see I painted the floor white for future painting details.  If you keep track of my blog you will get to see the floor.  I'll be posting pictures as I go along with this dollhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment