Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, July 4, 2014

A temple from India with solar lights to light up the windows and prayer garden at night



Well I had a woman stop at my home and ask me if I could make her a temple she was from India, I never made one before so here it is I thought I would share it with you.  This is the front of the temple she wanted it open in the front and a dome on top.  As you can see in the photo there are solar lights on the inside which you take out during the day to recharge them in the sunlight.



This is one of the sides of the temple the frames around the windows are picture frames and on both sides of the window I installed handles off kitchen cabinets which I painted black and gold.  I also installed some small blue tiles on the top of the wall with trim over top and under the tiles.  The dome in the middle is made of a bowl upside down with a piece off a lamp on top.  I spray painted the whole dome gold.  The corner pieces are small clay pots turned upside down with the dish part also upside down.  I installed some glass lights on top of them.



this is the other side of this temple.  As you can see I did the very same things.





This is the prayer garden.  The fence is made of solar light stakes with little light bulbs installed on top.  I made a bench out of wood and added some trim work.  I also have two green marble candle holder with little glasses on top with a solar light top installed.  The middle pieces are all pieces from lamps I had taken apart I also added some fake roses.




Here is a closeup of the prayer garden.



This is a closeup of the back wall on the inside.  I made little benches for under the windows and also I installed some round decorative mirrors on both sides of the window.  I installed a rug on the inside but I didn't decorate the inside the woman wants her son to decorate the inside on his own.  I never made a temple before but it goes to show you what you can do if you just try.



No comments:

Post a Comment