Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Sunday, June 29, 2014

1963 cast iron piece that I redid, also an old brass clock turned into a holder for a statue


I repainted this item which is made of cast iron.  This is the top area.  This was made in 1963.  When I first got it from a garage sale it was outside and all rusted out now it's in a garden.  It's a rooster with his mouth open.




This is the middle section, I added an angel in the middle of this item.




This is the angel I added in the middle.




Here is another view of this item.  As you can see I used multiple colors to get really good detail.  There is no rust now.




This is the base of this item which I painted.  I have it located in back of one of my other projects as you can see it in front of the item.



This is another view of the rooster on top.



This used to be an older brass clock, this is a very heavy item.  The first thing I did was take it all apart and washed up all the pieces including the glass.  I then added some red felt to the bottom inside it and added one of my statues.  This clock didn't work and was missing a lot of pieces but now it is a display for a beautiful statue.  Don't give up on a clock that doesn't work anymore turn it into something useful you won't regret it!



No comments:

Post a Comment