Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Turning a light fixture into a beautiful solar light fixture on a wooden pole for a garden. You can put anything in it to display.


This is the light fixture I will be using I purchased two of them from a garage sale, the wiring was bad so I got them CHEAP!


This is what the lights look like now.  As you can see I cleaned up the glass, I had to take the glass out so I could paint the light fixtures.  I also cut out the bad electrical wiring.  I will show you in the bottom photos what I put on the inside of them.




The pieces I put on the inside of these fixtures were pieces from old lamps that I had taken apart.  On the inside is a decorative round piece on the bottom that has flowers on it, it is made of a porcelain type material.  On top of that is a decorative piece off another lamp and last is a glass piece out of a candle holder.  These pieces are all glued together.  On the top is the solar light.  The light shines on the inside of this fixture at night.


This is looking at the bottom of the light fixture where it is attached to the wooden pole.  I attached the bottom of the light fixture to a round ball made of wood which you usually put on the top of a fence pole, this wooden ball has a screw type item on it which you use to install it into the top of a wooden pole.  This wooden ball fit perfectly into the base of the light fixture.  You can also see I put a wooden cap installed on the top of the wood pole for decorative purposes.


Here is a closeup of the project.  It doesn't matter what you put on the inside it will light up what ever you use.  You could put in a statue or just add some decorative pieces.  This looks beautiful at night.  Best of all NO ELECTRIC, just solar.



No comments:

Post a Comment