Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Making a gazebo for your dollhouse or decoration from a metal candle holder



This is the metal candle holder that I will be changing into a gazebo.  I took out the glass panels around this candle holder as you can see in the photo.




I had these wooden fence pieces that I purchased from a garage sale which I will be using.  You can also buy them at a craft store.




I cut some pieces off the wood fencing to make railings for the gazebo.




As you can see in this photo I glued the wooden railings around the gazebo.



The gazebo needs some platform steps which I will make from pieces of balsa wood, this wood is easy to cut.




This is what it looked like after I added the pieces of balsa wood.



I also added some pieces of the wood fencing material around the top of the gazebo, as you can see in the photo.



This is a closeup of the gazebo at this point.



I added some of the cardboard roof shingles that I make from cardboard.  You can look up how I made these in my dollhouse blogs.  They are easy to make and FREE!!



This is the finished gazebo.  I painted some areas a brown color and other areas white.  I hope this helps you in making something different.  If you find a candle holder at a garage sale you can make one of these.  This gazebo will be used for one of my dollhouses in a near future blog, keep your eyes open for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment