Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Taking a broken pedestal and adding a hanging light fixture to make a flower planter


This is the pedestal that I purchased from a garage sale.  If you look at the top you can see where something used to be on it.




This is the hanging light that I will be using that I also bought from a garage sale.




This is a close up of the top of the pedestal.



The first thing I did was paint the pedestal so it would match with the colors of the hanging light fixture.



I then glued both pieces together, the light fixture gets turned upside down onto the pedestal.  You can use any hanging light that you like.




This is the finished project, note the flowers on the inside.  I first put a piece of plastic screen material in it so the dirt has drainage when the plants are watered.  You can do this with any hanging fixture, this one is made of plastic so I don't have to worry about the outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment