Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, June 6, 2014

Making a beautiful solar light piece for your garden, and also using a drain part in your project. Gingerbread man, bird, little girl.


This is some of the pieces I will be using for this project. These are three pieces off different light fixtures.  I'm sure you have seen these pieces before somewhere.



The first thing I did was glue two sets together which consists of two different lamp fixture pieces.


I didn't like the color that these pieces were before so I painted them black.  Remember you have to take all the glass out before painting them or you will ruin the glass pieces with paint.



I purchased two of these drain pieces from Home Depot, I will be using them to connect the solar light project onto a PVC pipe.  



This is what the item looks like sideways view.  I will be taking off the metal plate around it.



After taking off the metal plate off of it this is the piece.  I also drilled a hole in the center so I could put in a threaded bar which will be used to hold down the project.



This is a closeup of the threaded bars I will be using.  I had two sets of these.  I took these out of another lamp that I worked on in the past.  I keep all the pieces from lamps that I take apart you never know what you might need!




In this photo you will see that I used plumbers glue to install the drain piece on top of the PVC pipe.  But before you glue them together make sure you put in the threaded bar first so you can install the whole fixture together before adding to the PVC pipe. I capped it off with the two pieces I glued earlier.  I spray painted the top portion red and added a solar light top.  This lights up at night.  I will show you what I put on the inside of both projects.




On the inside of this one I put a red bird and also added some decorative marbles on the inside bottom.



This is the other one, I added a figurine of a gingerbread man and a little girl, I also added decorative marbles.



This is a closeup, hopefully you can see what it looks like on the inside.  This light up at night they both have solar light tops on the top of the pieces.  I spray painted the PVC pipe red.  Remember you can put anything on the inside that you want to display.  Make sure the paint you use is exterior paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment