Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, June 27, 2014

A solar light Indian Fairies in a beautiful older bubble gum machine



This is the bubble gum machine I will be using for this project.  The first thing I did was take it apart so I could paint it.






This is the base without the top on it, I took it all apart.





I painted the base part a hammered copper color.  I painted it with exterior type paint so I could leave it outside.




This is the middle part of the bubble gum machine.  I painted this part also and added a piece of styrofoam in the center to make a flat base.  If you look in the top area of this picture you will see a circle piece which was from another lamp I took apart.  I'm changing the piece that sits on top of the glass so I can put a solar light through the top of it.




This is what it looked like when I put the pieces back together.  I took out the middle bar, and glued the glass down to the top of the middle piece.




On the inside I added a mirror in the center and some fake flowers to make it decorative looking.  I wanted it to look like a flower garden for the fairies.




This is a closeup of the piece.



As you can see I added the indian looking fairies, they were hanging ornaments from ashton galleries.  They have beautiful multicolor wings.  I taped them down to the glass.  This area won't be seen the top piece goes right over top of them.



This is another view.




This is another view.



After putting the top plate on I added a solar light top piece.  At night this lights up due to the solar light.  This makes a nice piece for a garden.  Remember if the bubble gum machine doesn't work, make it into a display unit for one of your statues, just don't forget the solar light on top.  Also make sure the light hangs into the item.  Remember you can find these at garage sales and you can make something beautiful out of it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment