Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, June 23, 2014

I just finished another dollhouse, Beautiful! Used pieces from earrings on house and in house.



I took this picture to show how I made this house from a box kit.  In order to keep the pieces together while the glue is drying make sure you tape the sides together or it will fall apart and not be straight.  I used the tape that you use in your office and for wrapping up gifts it worked just a good.  Also make sure you put wax paper under it so if the glue drips it doesn't ruin your table.  It's also easier to pick up the house off the table, the wax paper peels right off the glued areas.  I used elmers wood glue it works great!




Here is another phase of the house being built.  The base of the house is the first part that gets put together.  If you see on the top of the house I used an electric cord tied around the top to hold the house square while it was drying overnight.  You can't rush the glue drying it does take overnight for it to be right.




This is the finished house.  Use your imagination on colors.  I made the cardboard roof shingles for this house it was FREE! I showed you the roof shingles in one of my other house blogs.




This is the babies room. I used the bottom of a wooden box and the headboard used to be the back of a wooden chair which I bought from a garage sale.  In the front of the bed you will see a shiny piece which I got from a pair of cheap earrings at a flea market.  The earrings were 25 cents but I took them apart to make different pieces I could use.





Here is the kitchen area.  I used shelf paper which I bought from the dollar tree for the tile floor.  The refrigerator is made of a wood box standing sideways.  I painted it to match the kitchen area.  The trash can in the background is a toothpick holder which I bought from the dollar store, you get three to a package.  



This is the bathroom area.




This is the parlour.  On the one side of the door you will see a fake looking mirror on the wall, this mirror was made from a small frame which I added some silver duct tape to the back, it looks like a mirror.  I also made one of my solar light TV sets.  I made a couch out of pieces of wood.  




This is the mothers bedroom.  I built some window seats under the windows, I used rectangle shaped blocks which I cut on angles to fit under the window and added some wood across the top as the seats.  The decorative item in the front window I made from a small trophy which can be found in the dollar store in the childrens party supply area, all you do is add fake flowers.  I made some curtains out of pieces of curtains.  There is no sewing involved just hot glue to stick all the pieces onto a popsicle stick which is glued to the wall on top of the window. I love the little frames you can download a beautiful painting off the internet and shrink it to fit the frame and you have a beautiful picture for on a wall in the dollhouse.  You could even take family pictures and shrink them to fit the frame and make a bedroom in the dollhouse to match a family members bedroom.  You can decorate a dollhouse with personal pictures of your family.  What a great way to make a dollhouse for your child for Christmas time.




This is the diningroom area.  I hung a birdcage off the ceiling by the front window.  I also made a little table for in the middle of the window which is made from a small marble ashtray turned upside down and attached to a marble piece I bought a garage sale.  The curtains are made from a curtain.  




This is the staircase, I added some match sticks in a square shape to make it more decorative as you can see.



this is another view of the house from one of the sides. Make sure you watch for my next blog I am making a plant holder for the garden made from a broken concrete pedistal and an older hanging light shade.  



No comments:

Post a Comment