Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Making a roof for dollhouse out of poster board


This is the poster board I'm using for the roof, the other side has a color but I want a white roof.



I'm using one of the roof shingle strips that I kept from another project.  This is my template.





I traced around the roof template with a pencil.  You need to make as many of these that you need for the roof.  Make sure you also pencil the area of the slit areas that need to be cut out.




You also need some strips of the poster board which will be the first row.





In this picture you can see the strip on the bottom.  You can glue it on with tacky glue or wood glue.





Now you take one of the pieces of the shingles and glue it down on top of the strip.  Where the slits are cut out they should cover the white part of the strip.





The second row should overlap the first row of the shingles.  Make sure the lines that are cut out are staggered.



Another view.  Next picture you see will be the whole roof done.




I painted the roof shingles to look like slate ones.   Look at my next blog if you want to know how to make the shutters.













No comments:

Post a Comment