Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

How to make an entertainment center and a solar light tv for dollhouse


I use wooden jewelry boxes for the bookcases next to the entertainment center.  This is what I use for making bookcases also.  In this picture are two drawers out of a jewelry box.  I took off the pulls.





I use wallpaper or scrapbooking paper for wallpaper for the back wall.





I cut pieces of scrap wood for the size of the shelves for inside the bookcases.



In this picture you can see I covered the shelves tops with the same paper.  Now for gluing in the shelves I use tacky glue.





Here are the shelves in the bookcases, however I paint the bookcases the colors I want them to be before I glue in the shelves.




This is what it looks like after painting it and gluing in the shelves.



These are pieces off of a cheap elastic bracelet and little pieces off a chain belt.  I will be using them towards the end as you will see.




I also need this little box made of wood that will be turned into a tv.  This is the bottom of a wooden box that had hinges on it which they sell in the craft store.  I'm painting this black also to match.





This gives you an idea of what they all look like at this point.




I printed out a picture off the internet of the lion king for the screen of the tv.  I cut out this picture the size I need.



I then drilled a hole in the back of the wooden box this is where I will be putting the solar light top into.





This is the top of the solar light I need just the light part to fit through the hole.  I buy them from Walmart for 97 cents.




I glue the lion king picture over the opening area on the box.  I then need to put pieces of trim around the picture.




This is where I get thin wood trim from.  I find them all over you can see the small slats of wood.




This is what it looked like after pieces were glued together and trim around the picture screen.  I even put trim in the areas where the bookcases meet up with the tv, more finished look.





If you look on the top of the bookcases I glued on the pieces I showed you earlier from a cheap bracelet and a belt.  I also added a little decorative piece on top of the tv.  I buy these from flea markets in my area.




Here's a better look of the piece on top of the tv.





This is how it looks in the back, now to put in the solar light.  This solar light does not get glued in you need to recharge it with the sun in order for it to work.  I keep the whole light stake so I can stick it in the ground outside to charge it.





I tried to get a picture of it lit up on the tv screen, it looks nicer in person.  You can see what the doll is watching on tv.  You can also make a copy of a family picture on the copier and use that for in the tv so you child can see the family light up at night.





Here it is in the dollhouse.  Check out my other ideas for a dollhouse and use your imagination it can take you anywhere.





















No comments:

Post a Comment