Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, March 19, 2018

Making an antique looking bathtub for your dollhouse


This is the bathtub I am going to show you how to make.



You will need Popsicle sticks for the siding on the sides of the tub.




You will also need some cheap earrings for the decorative pieces.  I buy earrings from the flea market for $1.00  you can get a lot of beautiful pieces if you take the earrings apart.  You will need the backing pieces off the back of the earrings for the faucet handles.




You need to cut out four pieces of strip wood to make the sides of the tub.  I just use what ever strips of wood I have laying around.  The large paint sticks you get free at the paint store for mixing paint would work for this also.  The length of the pieces you will need are two  4 inch long pieces and two  1 7/8 inch pieces. It all depends on the size tub you want to make.




You will need a piece of thin wood to make a bottom of the tub.  Once the tub pieces are put together then you will be able to cut a piece of this wood for the bottom.




The first thing you need to do is hot glue one of the short pieces on one of the long pieces.  Make sure the short one is hot glued to the inside of the other piece.




Then you hot glue on another one of the long pieces on.




You then hot glue the last piece on.



This is a piece of the thin wood that I cut to the size of the bottom of the tub.



I hot glued the thin piece to the bottom.



This is another view of the bathtub.




Now it's time to cut the Popsicle sticks for the sides of the tub.  You can see in the photo the first stick.




This is one side with the Popsicle sticks done.



Here is another side done.




I did three sides with the sticks, not all four sides.  I wanted it to sit flush against the wall.




I then put Popsicle sticks around the top ledge to have a hangover on the tub.




Here's what it looks like with all three sides done.




I then painted it all with dark brown paint.  After it dried I used sandpaper and made it look old.




This is another view.  In the picture you can see the earrings that I took the posts off of.  I also took the cameo out of an earring.  And the backing that hold the earrings on your ears.




In the photo you can see I hot glued the three pieces off the earrings on the front and I used the two backing for the water faucet handles.  You can use your imagination for a faucet.



I wanted to show you what I use for cutting the popsiclesticks and other wood strips.



If you do dollhouse things this is a must to have.






You can even cut angles with it.


































2 comments:


  1. Hi, Gay! Loving your blog! You inspire me to get mine rolling again! I've had one for years, but I'm spotty about updating it. Good luck with yours! (I almost choked on my coffee when I saw the title... lol ... perfect!)

    ReplyDelete