Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Making shutters for dollhouse that look old. Farmhouse style.


The first thing I did was cut down some strips of wood to the size I wanted my shutters to be.





I then took a pencil and made three lines going down the shutters.  I then took a small screwdriver and went down the lines digging out a groove with the screwdriver.





I then picked out a brown paint that I wanted to use.  I went with the darker shade. I painted all the shutters with the dark brown paint.  I than took a piece of sandpaper after they were dry and sanded them so they looked as if they were old and worn.






I used popsiclesticks to make two slates of wood across the shutter as you will see, but first I painted them to match.




In this picture you can see the shutters with the wood slates across the shutters.  I also used the end of the paint brush the handle end to make the nail heads on the cross boards.  I dipped the handle in black paint and just dotted the shutter boards.  Why buy items for your dollhouse when you can customize it yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment