Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, March 31, 2014

Turning a Claw Machine into a beautiful Disney display of Snow White, birds, flowers



This is the claw machine I started with.  First I took out the mechanisms for the claw.  I than took off the top so I could add some things to the inside.




What I did next was make a template of the floor for the inside, so I could cut a piece of foam board to fit the inside bottom.




Then I took indoor/outdoor carpeting that looks like grass and cut it to fit on top of the foam board and glued them together.






Now you can see that I installed the fake grass which was hot glued onto the foam board into the machine.  On the inside you can see the snow white statue that I am putting on the inside.  This statue used to be a toothbrush holder.  So later you will see I add some decorative pieces to cover the holes on top.




I also used this trophy.  I like using the trophy parts, the bottom of the trophy is made of marble.  That is the part I will be using for the base which I will be adding a statue of birds on it.  The base brings it up higher.




If you look at this picture you can see I also added a decorative round mirror in front of the wishing well where snow white is sitting.  I also added the base on the left back with the bird statue on it.  In the background I added some fake flowers.




This is a close up picture so you can see it better.  You can also see the decorative pieces I added to the top to hide the holes.




I used the top of a solar light that changes color from red to green to blue.  I installed the light by drilling a hole on the top of the unit and just put the top of the solar light into it.  In this picture you can see the green light is coming on.



In this picture you can see the red light which is lit.




In this picture you can see the blue light coming on.  It is so hard for you to see how beautiful it's looks with all the different color that light up on the inside.  This would make a great night light for a childs room.  Just make sure the solar light gets put into the sunlight during the day to charge up.  You can decorate the inside any way you want to fit your childs room.  You could also display some of your statues in this.  Use your imagination.





In this photo you can see the top of the solar light that I installed on top that changes color.  These lights are not expensive.  I love buying my lights from walmart they are cheap and you can buy them one at a time.






No comments:

Post a Comment