Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A dollhouse bed that I finished and sheet set, pillow, and comforter on bed.



If you looked at my blog before this one you would have seen the three pieces I first started with for this minature bed.  In this picture are four pieces of square cardboard.  I glued them all together.


I then cut the cardboard to fit the top of the wooden box.  This is the bottom of a wood box I bought from Michaels craft store.




As you can see in the picture, when I hot glued the cardboard to the bottom of the wooden box I made it so it overhung the bottom of the bed a little so I could attach the head board against the cardboard, and so it could rest on top of the wooden box.



This is a picture of the headboard that I attached.  I painted it white.




The round dowel sticks is what I will be using for the posts at the top of the bed.  I cut the wooden sticks to the size I would be needing.




I then glued the wooden sticks on the headboard on both sides.  I also took some batting material and hot glued it to the cardboard that I glued to the wood box.


I then added a wooden decorative piece to the headboard, and also two beads on top of the wooden sticks.



As you can see in this picture I then took a piece of material so it looks like a sheet and hot glued it to the white batting to cover it up.



Then I started to add some trim.  I decided to add three rows of lace, you will see how it covers up the edges of the material.  This is the first row on the bottom.




In this picture you can see the second row of lace was glued on.



In this picture you can see the third row was glued into place which covers all the material edges.


I then made a comforter and pillow.  On the bottom of this page you will see a book that I found about a week ago that has GREAT ideas and this bed is in it.  Except I changed some of it to fit my dollhouse.



This is another view of the bed.



Here it is folks, this is a GREAT book.  I found it on Amazon dirt cheap.  If you want to make some small items for your dollhouse this is the book for you.



This is the page that has the bed on it.  The page opens up to show you the directions which you will see next.




This is the opened page that shows the directions.  This book is Fantastic! This was a great buy for me.  I hope I gave you some information that you can use, and maybe some information on a Great Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment