Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, May 28, 2015

A solar light fixture made from a Gatorade bottle.


You will be using the bottom portion of this Gatorade bottle.  You need to cut this bottle around the middle, I keep the top portions for other Solar light projects.



These are the pieces you will need for this project.  From left to right the bottom of the Gatorade bottle as you can see I drilled a hole in the bottom big enough to fit the stem of the solar light. A milk cap is next which I also drilled a hole in, after I drilled the hole I made a couple little slits so I could slide this over the stem piece.  Don't make the slits to big or it won't have a tight fit, it needs to hold up the Gatorade bottom as you will see in the next photo. On the right is a cheap solar light.



I slid the solar light through the hole in the Gatorade bottle, I then slid on the milk cap from the bottom all the way to the bottom of the Gatorade bottle. In the next photo you will see it lit up.



This makes a great light for your garden, the solar light has a spike that you turn around for putting it into the ground.  If you wanted you could decorate it also.  This light looks beautiful in the garden.  Enjoy making them!










No comments:

Post a Comment