Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gas pump fish tank turned into a solar light fixture with a matchbook car


In this picture you can see the gas pump fish tank which I purchased at a garage sale.  On the inside I installed some fake grass rug and a piece of slate which I painted to look like a road. I also made some oil cans out of the tops of glue sticks.  I put red tape over them and wrote oil on them, I then stacked them on top of each other.  I also made a traffic light which you can see to the right, this is made from a block of wood cut down to size and painted.  I then added a piece of plastic that was shaped like half a circle, this goes over top of the lights.  I then hot glued a golfing tee to the bottom of the traffic light so I could install it in a piece of foam.  I then glued it down to the fake grass.  I also took a flag patch and glued it on the back wall.  I glued some small rocks to the bottom.  You can see the matchbook car I included inside next to the road.  On the very top you will see the 97 cent solar light that I purchased from Walmart, I just drilled a hole on the top and installed the top piece off the solar light.  I also put some material that had stripes and stars on it to the inside rim area.  This lights up on the inside nice.  This would be a great addition to a matchbook car collection if you want a light by your cars at night.  There's one more picture of the inside.  I wish you could see how nice it's looks in person.  You can add any car that is your favorite, customize it!







This is another picture of the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment