Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Plastic color cups turned into solar lights



These are the cups I'm starting with.  I only paid 25 cents a piece at a garage sale.





The first thing I did was cup off the stems, I'm not throwing them out I will use them for a future project for making tables for dollhouses.




In this picture you can see one of the 97 cent solar lights that I purchased from Walmart.



You then take the solar lights and take the top lights off and put them through a hole that you drilled in the cup.  Make sure the light will be on the inside of the top when you put in the stems of the lights.


In this picture you will see I installed the light on the inside of the cup.  You will also notice a green circle with a hole drilled in the middle, this use to be a cap off a milk gallon.  You will see where this piece gets installed.


The milk cap gets installed up the stem to the bottom of the cup, it keeps the light in place.

This is what the lights all look like lit up.  In the stem on the bottom of your light there are pointy pieces that you take out of the bottom and turn around to put them in the ground in your garden.  You can do this with any type of plastic item, this is unique and would look great in your garden.  Get creative and go for it!













No comments:

Post a Comment