Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Making dollhouse planters from closet door slats


Just in case someone out there doesn’t know what the closet door looks like that I’m talking about (referring to other blog posts), here it is.  I picked these two doors off the garbage last night, they have great wood.  So I busted the doors apart for the slats.


Here’s the slats you get from those doors.



Here’s the dollhouse I need planters for, under the front windows.


I decided to work on the larger windows first.  So I measured to see how long I wanted the planter to be which was outside width of the windows.  I also measured for the depth I wanted the planters to be.  After cutting the pieces from the wood slats I glued them together.



Here the wood is glued together.  For the floor in the planter, I am using a scrap piece of wood.  I just place the planter onto the wood and draw lines around the base for the piece I need cut.


Here is the scrap piece of wood that I used.


Here is the piece cut out for the floor.  I glue this piece on the planters bottom.


I then glue in some of the green Styrofoam material that holds in fake flowers so I can add flowers. 


This is what they look like on the house with decorations and flowers.  If you want to see how I put the decorations on and flowers check out my blog on decorating a flower box.


No comments:

Post a Comment