Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, August 14, 2015

Making solar light fixtures out of electric Chinese lanterns


This is what the solar light fixture looks like.




When I first bought it this is what they looked like.  First thing I did was disconnect all the electric lines to the Chinese lanterns.  The top piece that the wires go into come off but when I cut the wires I kept the whole light piece for future projects.  If you follow my blog you will see how I used some of these lights for the dollhouse I'm working on.



This is what it looks like with the cap on top taken off and the electric removed.





First thing I did was drill the hole alittle bit bigger so the solar light would fit through the cap.  Just the light part.


Once you glue the solar light on top I glued the rest of the solar light that was left to the bottom of the Chinese lanterns.  If you look closely you will see the whole solar light stem part.  Next picture you will see what they look like at night.  I got 10 lights out of the set.



These put off a beautiful light at night.  Think of how many light sets that you can turn into solar light fixtures for you front garden.  I hope this gave you some ideas.










No comments:

Post a Comment