Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Princess bedroom made from a candle holder


This is what this project looks like when it's done.





This was the candle holder I started out with.







The first thing I did was cut a piece of styrofoam to fit the bottom, then I painted it brown to match the wooden floor I'm installing.




I had this one window from one of my other dollhouses.  I made a copy of this window on the copier machine, I made two copies for two windows.




Here's what the copy looked like.  I then took an exacto knife and cut out the windows and also cut around the window.



I used a piece of scrapbook paper that I wanted to use for wallpaper and used the inside area of the wooden window for a template to cut out a window opening.




I then glued the photo of the window that I made the copy of that I cut out the window sections and glued it over the window opening.  This is what it looks like.  I cut three pieces of the scrap booking paper to fit three sides of the candle holder glass.  The back wall is a solid paper and the two sides have windows.



You can see in this photo one of the window walls and the back wall. Make sure you use the mod podge it dries clear.




In this picture you can see the other wall.



I then cut some wood for the corners to make them look finished off.  I also glued down a wood floor.  This wood is from a wood placemat.




I then took Popsicle sticks and made wainscoting for the bottom of the walls, and put Popsicle sticks around the top of the wainscoting.




This is the other wall.




These are the curtains I made for over top of the windows.  In one of my other blogs I showed how to make the curtains and how I used cut off pieces off a chess pawn piece for the ends of the rods.



I made a bed out of foam board and pieces off a crown I bought at the dollar store for decoration.




I also made this bookcase out of foam board.  I made the books out of foam board with minature book covers glued onto the foam board.  




I added a princess figurine and a little ornament above the bed.


This is another view of the room.




Another view.




I took the metal ring off the top of the candle holder and drilled a hole in the top big enough to fit the solar light.  You just need it big enough for the light bulb part not the whole thing.  Now this lights up at night, makes a great night light!

























No comments:

Post a Comment