Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Making a beautiful plant holder out of a lamp and hanging basket. Solar light



This is one of those hanging baskets which you buy a liner for every year.  I don't need the chains so I'm taking them off and putting them away for another project.  I also cut off the x pieces on the bottom.




I'm also using these pieces from old lamps
 the small round pieces I decided not to use they were to small.




This is the lamp that I decided to use for this project.  I had two of these lamps so I made two of the exact items.  I'm going to show you what one of them turned out to look like.


This is what the project turned out to look like.  First of all you can see the lamp on the bottom.  This is a brass lamp.  On top of the lamp I added a piece of an old lamp which was round in shape to hold up the white basket.  On the inside I installed another round flat piece off a lamp.  I decided to use a bigger circle instead of the trophy circles to hold it better.  I used a nut and put it all together.  There was a piece of the bar still sticking out in the middle of the basket from the lamp so I added the whole solar light right over the bar.  I also added one of the liners that go in these type of planters.  I added some dirt, I will be adding flowers into it also.  The solar light I added changes color from red to blue to green.  This looks beautiful at night.  This would be a great piece for an entrance way.



No comments:

Post a Comment