Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Shopping Angel in an old outside light fixture. Solar powered light on top.



This is the lamp fixture I will be using which was once on a home.





These are the two shopping angel statues I have to choose from.  I picked the one on the right side with the phone in her ear and a bag in her hand.




The first thing I did was take the whole light fixture apart.  I then cleaned up the pieces and selected which ones I needed for this project.  I then painted all the pieces I was using a shiny blue color which you will see in the photos below.  I also cleaned the glass.



These are other pieces I decided to use in this project.  I hot glued the crystal ball on top of the candle holder.  This I used in back of the angel statue so it would put off pretty light on the inside at night time.  I decided not to use the heart pin on the bottom for this project.




This is some stiff felt which has sparkles on it.  I cut this to size to fit the bottom inside of the light fixture for a base for the angel statue.





this is a cheap key holder which I bought from a garage sale.  I just put some of this on the bottom red felt to give a little sparkle to the inside of the fixture.



In this photo you can see the color blue I painted this project.  Also on top is the top part of a solar light.  On the inside you can see the angel statue and in the back of her is the candle holder with the crystal ball on it.  I installed this lamp fixture on top of a PVC pipe which you will see in the next photos.



Here is a better close up of the side of this project.




You can see the PVC pipe that this fixture sits in to.  I hot glued them together.  However, you can use something stronger to hold it together.  I spray painted the PVC pipe blue also.  I hope this gives you some ideas.  This project is now in my garden for the spring and summer, in the winter I bring in all my solar lights and put them away in my greenhouse for the colder weather.  At night time this all lights up and having the crystal glass ball on the inside and the key holder it gives off a sparkle!




No comments:

Post a Comment