Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, February 25, 2019

How to make a miniature bookcase from an outlet cover

This is the outlet cover I’m using for this bookcase.  I take a screw driver, a small hammer and bang out the center part of this.  If it’s not a separate piece, cut out the center. You can also use a Dremel if you have one, it would make things much quicker.


In this picture you can see the center piece has been taken out.


In this picture you can see a white wooden slat from a window blind.  I got this blind at a garage sale cheap, I love using the wood.  I will be cutting pieces for the outer shell of the bookcase and the shelves themselves.


In this picture you can see the outside walls of the bookcase that I cut and glued into place.


Here you can see the shelves I cut out of the blind, and glued them in.


I cut a back wall for the bookcase and covered the wood with some wallpaper before gluing it to the back.


This is what the back looks like.  Now for decorating this bookcase.  Use you talents and imagination to make it a one of a kind and it will soar.


No comments:

Post a Comment