Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

How to make a "stone wall" for a dollhouse

You will need these types of egg cartons or any type of cardboard that resembles this cardboard.  I cut out the cardboard to make easier pieces to work with.  You need to cut out stone looking pieces out of this cardboard.  I cut out circles of different sizes and off shapes.


Using the tacky glue to glue the circles onto the areas that you want to texture like stone. On the left you can see what it looks like with them glued on and on the right after they are glued on and painted. The background color is a lighter gray than what the "stones" are painted.


In this picture you can see it all painted with the gray. Now for the detailing on the stones.


I use a piece of aluminum foil so I can mix the colors together, it also makes for an easy cleanup.


The first color I use is I mix the gray with a little dark brown.  Using a hard bristle paint brush, the kind you use for stenciling. I dab this color on the stones,  make sure you don’t put a lot on the brush use the amount that you would use if you were stenciling.  I smear the color on the aluminum foil to get it thin layer to dab.  Once that color is on the stones I add a little black to that color and do the same thing all over.  However dab the colors in different areas, not a lot small amount; you want it thin not thick.  Once you added this color in take your paint brush and wash it out.  I use the same paint brush for the next part.  Take the color white dabbing a small amount each time when your running out and using a small amount on your paint brush and in a circular motion blend the white over top of the colors on the stone to get that blended in stone look.  You can use different colors for different color stones use your imagination and it will soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment