Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, January 15, 2016

A medicine cabinet made out of a top off a small wooden box.




For this project I started with the top of a small wooden box, I used the bottom of this box to make a bed which you can see in one of my other blogs.  You need the top, some wood, a large Popsicle stick, some hinges which came off this box. The long sticks you won't be needing.





You need to print out a picture of the inside of a medicine cabinet off line for the size to fit the inside of the box top.  After gluing in the picture cut down the Popsicle stick to make two shelves.  You also need to put on the hinge on the side.






These are the pump parts to soft soap pumps.  When you take these apart you will end up with many pieces to make items.





You need to cut down a piece of thick wood to attach to the top, connect the hinge to this part too.  On the front you need to put a small mirror.  Instead of throwing out that makeup case that you used the makeup save the mirrors they are great to use for a dollhouse.  I made a frame around it with bamboo from a placemat.  I also put on a piece that came off another box to make it look like a handle.






This is the inside.  I used different pieces off the soap pumps to make little bottles, I used the tubes for this and I cut circles with a paper puncher to make a top and bottom for the bottles.  I dipped the tops of the bottles in white paint and let it dry to look like a cap on top. I also made a little decorative bottle from a piece off the pumper to make a cotton ball holder, I also used a bead and a piece of a jewelry item for the top.  You could print out minature medicine labels and put them on the bottles.  I took q-tips and took the cotton and put it into the decorative bottle before adding a top and bottom. I hope this gives you some ideas.






No comments:

Post a Comment