Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Aluminum foil box sofa for your dollhouse.



I'm going to show you how to make this sofa for your dollhouse, don't throw out that aluminum foil box!






This is the back, now on to show how to make it!






This is an empty aluminum foil box, if you look closely you will see a black line showing how long I want to make this couch.  You can make it any length you want.  The box gets cut all the way around it.





After cutting the box that size then you need to cut the same size on the other side of the box.  Both of these pieces should slide right into each other to form a sofa.  I then cut the back of the sofa for the height I what.  This is the area you lean back on.  As you can see in the photo I am making two sofas.  Then I cut a piece of cardboard to cover up the back of the sofa.  Do not glue this piece to the back, it is going to need to be covered with felt, which you will see in these photos.





I then cut a piece of cardboard that will be the seat.  I then cut that piece in half for two cushions. This piece needs to fit the seat area.  I cut the pieces alittle bit shorter, once the felt and batting are on this cardboard it makes it a little larger.





I cut two pieces of batting material to cover the cardboard for the seat.




After gluing on the batting I cut two pieces of felt which I will be gluing on top of the batting.





This is what the front and back of the seat cushions will look like.






Next thing you need to do is cut two pieces of small dowels and glue them on the sides of the sofa for the arm rest areas.




I then started gluing a piece of felt around the inside arm rest area, it gets glued from the inside and around the dowel and down the side.  You will find you need to cut some off as you go around the arm rest areas.






After the arm rests are covered, you need to cover the piece of cardboard that is for the area you lean back on on the sofa.  You then glue the back piece on, glue in the two seat cushions.  I also added some trim on my sofa.




I had bought these a while back from the dollar store I'm going to use them today.



I cut off the fork parts and glued some on the back part.





In the back I didn't want to see the forks so I glued on a piece of felt over them, and added trim. In areas where you can see the box you can cut some felt and glue it down in those areas.























No comments:

Post a Comment